Deadline: 1 June 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Budget Officer in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Budget Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead and facilitate the preparation of the regional Programme Budget with focus on the costing of Results.
- Oversee the preparation of the distribution of Budget Allocations to Budget Centres, making timely adjustments and alignments to support timely budget implementation.
- Lead the Budget team to provide effective, efficient and flexible budget management advice and services which enable successful programme implementation.
- This role includes distribution of responsibilities among the team, mentoring and capacity building and performance management.
- Oversee and coordinate the development of new SOPs and guidelines for budgetary management; design innovative approaches and work procedures adapted to the context of efficient programme management in the African Region.
- Direct the management of the regional budget in the General Ledger.
- Perform periodic budget analysis and produce relevant reports to support management decisions in ensuring adequate budget space allocations to the region and budget centers at all times.
- Keep abreast of WHO budgeting policies and procedures and ensure compliance and adaptation as may be deemed necessary.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree, (Master’s level or above), in accountancy, business administration, management, financial management or budgeting.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in planning, budgeting, financial implementation and reporting processes; including 5 years in an international organization.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial reports using ERP systems or similar packages.
- Good management, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to resolve difficult situations, respond positively to change, identify client’s needs and propose alternative workable solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and explain budget reports to non-financial managers.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as capacity to lead dialogue and negotiations.
- Sound knowledge of management principles, practices and techniques of programme management including strategic and operational planning, and programme assessment.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment with staff at various levels.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Beginners knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.