Deadline: 8 December 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Specialist in Djibouti, Djibouti.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the organization and delivery of procurement services in Djibouti, ensuring appropriate fiduciary and quality controls, and consistent application and interpretation of policy in making procurement decisions.
- Under the guidance of the Practice Manager and the Maghreb Country Procurement Coordinator (CPC), assist with the reform and modernization of the procurement function in Djibouti, strengthening the national country system, building institutions and procurement capacity in the context of the expected surge in IDA funding.
- Contribute to the effective roll-out and implementation of the World Bank’s New Procurement Framework (NPF), assuming responsibility over application of the Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) system, training of clients, and effective application of the new Policy, including providing Hands-on support when needed.
- Assist the CPC in the preparation of the budget under applicant’s responsibility and support the use of electronic tools to track performance of key fiduciary metrics covering the operations portfolio as well as the unit’s own work program deliverables.
- Play a significant role within the procurement function in guiding/mentoring and establishing a framework and approach to knowledge dissemination and is a key contributor in design of professional and operational training or development of knowledge products in procurement.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce) plus a minimum 8 years of experience as Procurement Specialist or responsibilities with a substantial content in the procurement area.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to defend orally and in writing difficult issues and positions (in a challenging environment as necessary) to Bank management, government officials, etc.
- High level of integrity and a sense of personal responsibility for achieving quality and timeliness in delivering the work program of the APM office.
- Strong organizational skills, including proven track record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively mentor/guide staff and clients and design training/skills enhancement initiatives to ensure effective transfer of knowledge/skills.
- Ability to function effectively and deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Familiarity with Bank’s Office suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Oral and written mastery of English and French is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.