Deadline: 13 March 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Take the lead to develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes / projects including GEF and public-private sector-funded projects.
- Ensure implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programmes, in all areas and at all levels.
- Direct research and programme evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinate policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Guide design of data, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems / issues and prepares conclusions.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g., background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Direct substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparing documents and presentations, etc.
- Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme / project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and ensures preparation of related documents / reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Ensure effective utilization, supervision and development of staff; guides, evaluates and mentors staff.
- Develop, implement and manage work on natural capital accounts at the national level in coordination with bureaus of statistics, economic, planning and finance ministries.
- Take the lead to carry out economic valuations at the national and regional levels, including with regional economic commisions.
- Take the lead to develop and maintain partnerships with financial institutions to work with UNEP on social impact investments in science-based solutions to environmental challenges.
- Take the lead to develop, implement and evaluate programmes and projects with regard to horizon-scanning and scientific assessments of innovative science-based solutions and related sustainable development finance, and to the scaling up and financing of green, innovative science-based solutions.
- Perform other duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in business, economics and financial modeling or a related field is required.
- First Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 10 year’s of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management in complex socio-economic settings is required.
- Experience working in projects integrating economics at the science-policy interface is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.