Deadline: 8 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer (Project Coordination) in Peshawar, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Project Officer (Project Coordination) will perform the following functions-
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation on technical issues of assigned programmes/projects; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Coordinate programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Direct substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Manage outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties.
- Provide advice to develop policies and strategies as well as national protocols and guide lines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, development economics, food security, nutrition, sustainable agriculture, business administration, political sciences, or a related field.
- 10 year’s of relevant experience in agricultural/rural development project management, and analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and projects.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential;.
- Extent and relevance of experience in planning and implementation of complex projects/programmes in developing countries related to agriculture development.
- Extent and relevance of experience with international organizations/resource partners including on implementation of participatory and community focused projects.
- Extent and relevance of experience in analysing food systems/value chains and natural resources management and related issues.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation of technical and policy reports, guidelines and manuals.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.