Deadline: 3 April 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply & Logistics Specialist in Dakar, Senegal.
The Supply & Logistics Specialist will be responsible for the management of the supply and logistics operations for both the Regional Office of West and Central Africa based in Dakar and the country office of Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply & Logistics Specialist will perform following functions-
- Provide rapid and relevant responses to evolving supply needs and situations facing children and families, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Ensure sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular, accurate reporting to maintain the highest level of integrity, standards and accountability.
- Establish and maintain contacts with the Supply Division in Copenhagen on supply procurement and shipping policies.
- Ensure preparation of the supply status reports required for donor reports, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, appeals, etc.
- Regularly create and communicate accurate inventory tracking, inventory aging and incoming supplies information.
- Ensure that effective support UNICEF and Government capacity-building efforts are provided in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely supply delivery.
- Supervise and manage effective procurement, local and/or offshore, with a goal to attain lowest cost without sacrificing quality.
- Coordinate with the Programme Section on supply planning, providing technical advice on procurement specifications and supply administration as well as providing advice on supply requirements in the development of the supply component of the Country Programme.
- Provide advice to the Country Office, Government and implementing partners on offshore and/or local procurement policies and procedures, delivery and utilization of UNICEF supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate with the Supply Division, Copenhagen, on supply policy and/or activities.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting.
- Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.)
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related fields.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.