Deadline : 31 March 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water and Wastewater Investment Coordinator in Lebanon.
The Water and Wastewater Investment Coordinator will be responsible to enhance conservation and protection of Lebanon’s water resources through improvements to public water and wastewater infrastructure, improved efficiency of water and wastewater management, and conservation of water resources.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water and Wastewater Investment Coordinator will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assess region-specific needs and implement innovative private sector-led solutions to improve the domestic provision of water to communities and better mitigate wastewater pollution.
- Develop and manage an investment incentives fund that creates mechanisms to encourage private sector actors to co-invest in projects that provide domestic water to communities and improve wastewater treatment.
- Guide strategy on a case-by-case basis to optimize the use of the investment incentives fund.
- Build on the success of current private sector initiatives (USAID’s Lebanon Water Project and Civil Society Project) by expanding rebate and cost sharing programs to encourage onsite wastewater treatment or industrial reuse for other sectors, such as wineries, olive oil processors, dairies, poultry, and meat processors.
- Establish and utilize a grant mechanism that provides rebates for wastewater treatment equipment to be funded or cost shared under the investment incentives fund for industrial partners.
- Assist in formulating assessment and selection criteria to identify and select wastewater interventions and alternatives for private sector participation.
- Promote private sector alliances that would seek and enable leveraging of resources, funding, and networks of relevant companies for the sustainability of WSC interventions.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, finance, management, engineering, or other relevant academic area required.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 year’s of experience in the water and/or wastewater sector preferred.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience designing incentive and/or rebate structures for the private sector or for programs funded by international donors such as USAID preferred.
- Experience assessing wastewater facilities and implementing innovative solutions to fill gaps in wastewater infrastructure and operations, including public-private partnerships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key Lebanese private sector actors and business practices.
- Proven ability to build and maintain partnerships with public and private organizations and stakeholders.
- Experience working in the Litani River Basin, as well as the Beirut and Mount Lebanon, North, South, and Bekaa regions of Lebanon.
- Fluency in Arabic and excellent English skills required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit Chemonics.