Deadline: 27 February 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth Engagement and Advocacy Coordinator in Mafa, Nigeria.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Youth Engagement and Advocacy Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the implementation of EU Youth project.
- Initiate and implement work of rebuilding social structures in communities that have been disrupted by humanitarian crisis.
- Implement peacebuilding initiatives and social cohesion among the youth in a meaningful way.
- Capitalize on the foundation of the existing youth coalition forum: to strengthen the organization(s), representation, decision making power, evidence based advocacy, peacebuilding, conflict resolution and community led development initiatives.
- Coordinate capacity building of relevant youth platforms and implementing partners, including relevant state officials in rights-based approach.
- Ensure the voices of the vulnerable youth especially girls, IDPs, minorities and the physically challenge are represented and amplified.
- Support youth to speak at and engage with high level political events and as they advise on the direction and content of Youth Engagement and development events and activities.
- Report monitoring and findings to all relevant stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Communicate risks, issues and concerns relating to the programme’s activities and finances immediately to the line manager.
- Support the implementation of, and represent Plan International in any relevant cluster.
- Brief updates and reports on sectoral activities/strategies to donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Livelihood Specialist.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University Degree or equivalent in Political Science, Business Management, Sociology, Psychology, or related fields with MA / MSc in relevant fields or development studies are added advantage.
- Minimum 4 year’s relevant working experience youth engagement / Livelihood.
- Experience working in emergency settings.
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC).
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis / emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal).
- Experience in Youth Engagement programme.
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence.
- Create strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders.
- Hold self and other to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism / integrity.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit Plan International.