Deadline: 8 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will manage the Cambodia operations of the PR.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assist the Program Coordinator and Programme and M&E Specialist in analyzing the programme data and provide input to planning field M&E activities.
- Support on M&E and performance issues to implementing partners collaborating with UNOPS, including NGO and Government organizations.
- Support the implementation of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for UNOPS as Principal Recipient (PR), which ensures that all implementing partners – Sub-Recipients (SR) submit timely, regular and structured monitoring reports.
- Support grant implementation and support implementing partners in resolving bottlenecks in collaboration with other UNOPS functional teams (Finance, Procurement, and Programme).
- Support preparation of semi-annual programmatic progress updates of UNOPS to the donor on the RAI and SSF grant.
- Assist in undertaking On-site Data Verification of programmatic results reported by partners.
- Ensure the queries of the Global Fund or other partners concerning programmatic results and M&E systems is addressed.
- Provide input to develop a system to facilitate analysis of performance trends of various implementing partners.
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through three to six monthly review meetings between the PR, National Malaria Programme and SRs.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in public health, epidemiology public administration, social science or related field with strong interest in malaria.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in public health, epidemiology public administration, business administration social science or related field in combination with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- 3 years of experience in the design, development and/or implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, preferably relevant to programs in health.
- Additional 2 years of experience will be required for candidates who only have a Bachelor degree.
- Experience in the development, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, preferably relevant to health and particularly malaria.
- Experience in management/oversight/support of various implementing partners in donor-funded programs.
- Experience in health programs / projects where systematic input, output and process data were collected and used to guide programming.
- Experience of implementing donor-funded programmes in collaboration with Government ministries would be an advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Khmer is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.