Deadline: 30 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Food Value Chain Specialist in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Food Value Chain Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct analysis of the value chains of specific commodities to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Design frameworks for mapping suppliers and producers for the HGSF model.
- Map the producers’ groups or cooperatives and existing supply chains in the target areas.
- Identify entry points along different value chains to improve food safety and quality, including nutritional quality of the nutrition-sensitive value chains development for the Home‐Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programme.
- Collaboration with the National Project Coordinator, develop training materials on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), organic production, food safety and hygiene and women enterprise development and school procurement procedures for suppliers and producers.
- Identify critical areas for capacity building to smallholders, suppliers and school committee on contract farming and provide training.
- Support the Gender Specialist to identify bottlenecks for equitable participation amongst men and women in developing nutrition sensitive value chains for the HGSF programme.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agri-business, agriculture, marketing, rural development or a related field.
- At least 7 year’s relevant experience in value chains development and market linkages for smallholders.
- Working knowledge of English and Khmer.
- Nationality of Cambodia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.