Deadline: 23 November 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Gender Specialist in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Gender Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Collaboration with WFP, conduct gender analysis in HGSF program and nutrition-sensitive value chains and design strategies to address gender gaps.
- Identify bottlenecks for equitable participation amongst men and women in the bidding processes.
- Design gender sensitive materials on business literacy, financial skills and market information and provide training to smallholders, suppliers and schools committees.
- Collaboration with the Value Chain Specialist, identify entry points to support existing women producer groups.
- Ensure all project activities are gender sensitive.
- Compile lessons learned on women empowerment throughout the implementation of the project.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in gender studies, social science, agriculture, economics or related field.
- At least 5 year’s experience in working on gender analysis and business literacy.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at national, sub-national, district level and community level.
- Working knowledge of English and Khmer.
- Nationality of Cambodia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.