Deadline: 14 May 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Assistant in Cameroon.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Accounts Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Process Payment and Journal Vouchers through Plan International integrated software (SAP) on time and in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Cancel all documents attached to payment/journal package before sending for review and approval.
- Encode accrual accounting entries in accordance with the accrual accounting plan of action.
- Coordinate the receipt of all fund requests from Program Units and from all department units and ensures accuracy of fund request received from various department units.
- Maintain complete and accurate file of fund transfer transmittals and ensures that bank Balances will have sufficient balance to avoid no sufficient funds at any given point in time before any payment is processed.
- Record all documents from other departments in the appropriate ledger (Local Purchased Order, payment requests, Projects, Projects Amendment).
- Record all documents sent out of Finance Department to the appropriate ledger for traceability.
- Liaise with other departments to prepare the monthly and the bi-weekly cash forecast.
Applicants must have:
- At least HND or BTS in accounting, finance, management, economics.
- At least one experience preferably in an international development organization.
- Account experience in data entry.
- Knowledge of local finance system.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Bilingual in English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.