Deadline: 7 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agriculture Specialist in Yaounde, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Agriculture Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute as core team member to the preparation and implementation of selected operations, both in agriculture and multi-sectoral ones, as well as those led by other GPs (e.g. Water) assuring quality in all stages of the project cycle.
- Serve as the focal point for liaison with key counterparts and other partners for colleagues working with the Cameroon program, providing them with advice and support as needed.
- Work with the relevant Sector Leaders and staff of the Agriculture and Food GP and other GPs to identify opportunities for addressing agricultural issues in Cameroon as part of the World Bank’s Systematic Country Diagnostic, Country Partnership Framework, country policy dialogue, sector investment operations, budget support operations, and other multi-sectoral projects.
- Stay abreast of relevant developments for Cameroon’s agri-food sector and effectively communicate them to the country team.
- Identify innovative opportunities or ways to address existing needs in the agri-food sector.
- Remain current with relevant major pieces of analytical work in the profession. Participate in strategic analytical work in Cameroon and/or on a sub-regional level, and work with teams engaged in analytical work relevant to the Agriculture GP’s work program in Cameroon.
- Represent the World Bank in fora involving the community of development partners.
- Provide support, either explicit or implicit, to the work of the development partners in the sector.
- Represent the World Bank and the Agriculture GP’s management at events with sectoral focus that take place in the field.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s, MBA or PhD in agricultural economics, economics, or in a relevant discipline.
- 5 year’s of experience on agricultural development issues (3 year’s if PhD).
- Strong technical and analytical skills in the range of issue of relevance to agriculture.
- Familiarity with the institutional context of African agricultural development would be an advantage.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, multi-sectoral and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to find balanced, pragmatic and implementable solutions also in a multi-disciplinary context.
- Ability to work under pressure, and willingness to travel and work under challenging conditions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in French.
- Ability to present complex issues to World Bank management and senior Government representatives, as well as to non-specialist audiences.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.