Deadline: 24 March 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Cash and Livelihood Officer in Kousseri, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 9 months.
The Cash and Livelihood Officer is to be responsible to participate in the effective implementation of cash transfer / livelihood activities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Cash and Livelihood Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Prepare plans for the effective implementation of cash transfer / livelihood activities that target the most vulnerable and contribute to strengthening the resilience of targeted rural communities.
- Identify, prioritize and support communities to implement livelihood activities that are less responsive to existing and potential risks and resilient to the contextual dynamics of the crisis.
- Design, develop and provide necessary training to target communities to develop their skills and livelihood capacities resilient to the contextual dynamics of the crisis.
- Develop strategies to improve productivity and household income through agriculture and livestock activities, IGAs, small trades, vocational training, networking early warning hazards and livelihoods, sustainable use of natural resources, promotion of CCA technologies and approaches in agriculture, promotion of crop and livestock insurance, cash grants and microfinance / cooperatives / credit unions).
- Design and implement a plan for targeting and transparent selection of TM / livelihood beneficiaries based on clear selection criteria and participatory methods.
- Plan and implement cash transfer distribution and monitoring activities to enable beneficiary households to meet their basic needs and / or support resilient livelihoods.
- Facilitate the capacity building of project staff and volunteers in TM / resilient livelihoods and provide timely technical support for the preparation and submission of funding requests, budget revisions and financial reports.
- Ensure consistent application of anti-corruption policy and the risk of mitigation measures based on environmental protection / climate change and gender, disability and other vulnerabilities in all aspects of activities TM / resilient livelihoods of the project.
- Develop narrative reports, updates and studies of TM / livelihood activities of the project.
- Establish and maintain close coordination and cooperation with implementing partners and vocational training centers, authorities, communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders for implementation in accordance with local policies.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of effective coordination and synergies between project livelihoods and other activities (eg EDUCATION, ICLA, WASH) through the sharing of experiences, tools and lessons learned and development of successful case histories.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Graduate in Economics, International Development, Sociology / Psychology, Agronomy or Nutrition, or relevant significant and equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in livelihoods and cash transfer implementation working in the field of local development, community mobilization, monitoring of economic recovery activities.
- Demonstrated technical skills in coordinating and developing activities related to Monetary Transfer, Agriculture, Livestock, Vocational Training, Entrepreneurship; microfinance, credit unions and small business development.
- Experience in project management, including project planning and monitoring.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and ability to work in a large team of volunteers.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Excellent understanding of the processes of identification, selection and registration of beneficiaries with community involvement.
- Ability and broken in the conduct of cash transfer activities the distribution of non-food items in a humanitarian setting.
- Proficiency in the development of business plans and their implementation.
- Knowledge of some languages, cultures and local traditions (Arabic choa, kanouri and kotoko)
- The ability to speak English fluently is an asset.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.