Deadline: 4 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist – Public Relations and Outreach in Yaounde, Cameroon.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist – Public Relations and Outreach will perform the following functions:
- Maintain a strategic perspective on the communications and outreach needs of the region, and identify opportunities for visibility and outreach related, including media events, speaking opportunities, conferences and strategic meetings with existing and potential partners.
- Promote, advocate and raise awareness around UNOPS activities, results, flagship initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles in LCR.
- Establish mutual benefit relationship with distinguished Universities, Epistemic Communities, Technical Experts networks, Professional Organizations in the region.
- Identify, connect and cultivate relevant influencers on UNOPS mandate area, and nurture long lasting relationships with the target audience.
- Oversee the production of communication materials and be responsible for media relations.
- Coordinate communications and outreach network to ensure it supports and is aligned with UNOPS strategy for Latin American & Caribbean region.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, International Relations, Political/Social Science or related fields is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, International Relations, Political/Social Science or related fields
in combination with 2 additional year’s relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Technical/Professional Diploma in Communications, International Relations, Political/Social Science or related fields in combination with 4 additional year’s relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s or more relevant experience either in Communication and/or Public Relations and/or Outreach at the national (government) or international level, non-governmental organizations or private sector in the field of development cooperation or public administration is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience on international politics, diplomacy, partnership development, institutional and government relations, public relations/public affairs, and/or resource mobilization is required.
- Experience in leading institutional/external relations or advocacy activities is an asset.
- Experience in working with Partnership Development, Outreach, Marketing and/or Communication programmes/activities is an asset.
- Experience within the Central African region, or experience in an organization that has been engaging with one or several governments in the region in the context of humanitarian or development work is desirable;
- UN/UNOPS experience would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in French and English (reading, writting and speaking) required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.