Deadline: 9 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Yaounde, Cameroon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor budgets and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
- Undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields, or First University Degree in the same subject(s) with 2 additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- 5 year’s progressively responsible, practical and support experience in financial services.
- Experience of managing financial transactions.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages such as Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency, both in oral and written communication, in English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.