Deadline: 25 June 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Yaoundé, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- People Management and Internal Communication
- Manage, coordinate and coach members of the programme team, ensuring their professional development and capacity building as needed.
- Oversee and support capacity building for expatriate and national staff on technical issues and program cycle management, based on assessment of the critical program improvement needs of the Cameroon mission.
- Program strategy, business development and Grants management
- Develop, disseminate and implement the Cameroon programme strategy within DRC team.
- Ensure the development of sector programme strategy in line with the Cameroon programme strategy.
- Quality and accountability of the programs
- Oversee and support continuous improvement of programme quality standards, including application and harmonisation across field bases.
- Ensure that DRC values and code of conduct are respected and upheld, including through setting a personal example.
- External relations and representation
- Together with Country Director, ensure adequate bilateral representation of DRC with government authorities, donors, UN agencies, humanitarian agencies and other partners in regard to programme and participation in coordination meetings as relevant.
Applicant must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s experience overseas in complex emergencies, preferably with refugees and/or IDPs as well as a relevant university Degree (Master or Post graduate), in international relations and/or development, political science or similar field.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in staff management and development.
- Experience in a Central / Western African country.
- Experience with DRC’s main donors in Cameroon ECHO, SDC, BHA, UN fuds, etc.
- Experience of leading strategic programming and planning, implementation, monitoring and learning.
- Strong experience in programme development and proven program development abilities.
- Good understanding of displacement issues and related international standards/frameworks.
- Substantial NGO project management experience, including responsibility for strategy design, staffing, admin/finance management, contract management and donor relations.
- Proven track record of negotiating and advocating with government authorities and donors for solutions that serve the needs of beneficiaries, pursuing values of internationally recognized and universal character in a post-conflict context with a strong respect of local culture and tradition.
- Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent communication and strong participatory leadership skills.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.