Deadline: 20 August 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Lead Biomedical Engineer in Yaounde, Cameroon.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Lead Biomedical Engineer will the following functions:
- Communicate with the Ministry of Health in order to know their requirements well and define the best purchase plan in collaboration with the procurement department.
- For this, he/she will need to review, advise on and help consolidate the equipment lists, make recommendations to Project Manager and MoH on specifications and other substantive/technical elements required to effectively develop, plan, launch and implement these projects.
- Advise Project Manager & MoH on requirements based on beneficiary needs, as well as national and international certification requirements and standards for equipment, associated services and works, including the relevant best practices.
- Launch a market analysis in collaboration with the procurement department & UNOPS team on the ground when necessary.
- Help prepare the tender documents of the medical equipment, supplies, and preparatory works ensuring compliance with UNOPS procurement standards and policies.
- Support in the installation of the equipment with the supplier’s technicians if required.
- Prepare the training (installation, usage, maintenance) with the supplier’s technicians (when provided) for the Ministry of Health staff.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced level university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) or PhD. in Biomedical Engineering or related field is required.
- First level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Biomedical Engineering or related field in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in the biomedical engineering field is required.
- Experience in the maintenance and the acquisition of health biomedical equipment is required.
- Experience in purchasing & installation of oxygen plants &/or LINAC is an asset.
- Experience in Covid-19 response would be an advantage.
- Experience of successfully working with a variety of health sector stakeholders, particularly governments and development partners is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.