Deadline: 9 December 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Sector Manager in Yaounde, Cameroon.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Sector Manager at will perform the following functions-
- Lead robust, targeted, systematic and strategic business development efforts to sustainably grow the Bank’s business and impact in the North and Central countries.
- Lead Team in charge of the social sector including Skills development, Health, Social protection, Job creation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential clients and identify business opportunities taking into account the Bank’s strategies and priorities.
- Supervise the elaboration of country/region social sector profiles to inform the Bank intervention Programs and business development activities.
- Provide advice to the Director on issues relating to social sector development, initiatives to be undertaken and enhancement deemed necessary.
- Supervise the implementation of the “Improving the Quality of Life for the People of Africa” strategy.
- Foster strong relationships to identify opportunities for knowledge transfer among the Regional Hubs to the benefit of the clients.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Economics or related field.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant experience preferably in an international organization, government agency, private sector, think tank or other organizations, of which 3 year’s should be at a managerial level of extensive and in-depth experience in strategic, social sector business development.
- Solid experience in project cycle management.
- Good knowledge of social development policies and strategies in the Bank’s Regional Member Countries.
- Strong research/analytical skills with ability to analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations strategically and rapidly.
- Ability to understand complex problems in skills development, health, social protection, and jobs creation, to identify key issues and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge of SAP will be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.