Deadline: 21 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Wash/Shelter Assistant in Bamenda, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 3 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Wash/Shelter Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide daily and weekly reports on routine sanitation and hygiene promotion activities to the Hygiene promotion supervisor.
- Monitor latrine cleanliness, usage and maintenance within the assigned blocks.
- Participate in needs assessment, baseline surveys and any other study relevant to sanitation and hygiene promotion and overall NRC work.
- Conduct house to house visits, disseminate hygiene messages and encourage Household members and the general community members to fully participate in hygiene promotion campaigns.
- Participate in NFIs distribution and other promotional materials to the beneficiaries from the assigned blocks.
Assist in selecting the beneficiaries according to NRC vulnerability criteria, if requested.
- Carry out informal and formal training sessions (according to identified needs) and evaluate the impacts of this training.
Applicants must have:
- Technical background in public and environmental health, water, environmental and civil engineering.
- At least 2 years experience in a humanitarian and development programme.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staffs and target groups.
- Knowledge of the local language.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.