Deadline: 21 October 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Wash/Shelter Coordinator in Maroua, Cameroon.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Wash/Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to Wash and Shelter strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant area.
- Coordinate and implement delegated portfolio of Wash and Shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality, and provide regular reports to PDM.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and coordinate project budget expenditures through organized PR raising with the team as delegated from PDM.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for NRC WASH/shelter staff.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against logframes, individual performance management work plans).
- Prepare timely financial and narrative reports on project activities in compliance with internal NRC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Coordinate with project staff on a day-to-day level working with other technical departments, security, logistics, administration and senior management staff (depending on assignment).
Applicants must have:
- Experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes.
- 4 year’s experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an INGO.
- Experience in staff management and development and supervisory roles.
- Experience in managing and undertaking hygiene promotion in a relief programme is essential.
- Experience in proposal and Budget development Experience in report writing.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Experience in Shelter and WASH programming.
- Experience in Wash and Shelter, Income Generation Activities and NFI project management.
- Experience from working in wash and shelter in humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Ability to use MS Office software (especially Word, powerpoint and Excel) is essential.
- Fluency in English and work knowledge of French are required.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.