Human Rights Watch (HRW) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant in Toronto, Canada.
HRW is an independent, international organization that works as part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the administrative follow-up of major organizational fundraising, cultivation and outreach events, including but not limited to the Toronto Annual Dinner.
- Organize logistical aspects related to the events including maintaining spreadsheets, documenting gifts received, preparing solicitation and acknowledgement materials, preparing and shipping event materials, collating follow-up fundraising reports, and conducting general follow-up post-event.
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database by updating donor and financial information and overseeing data entry for special events and cultivation initiatives.
- Support the daily activities for HRW’s Toronto donors and prospects including conducting research on individual and foundation prospects using various online tools to prepare donor solicitation strategies, maintaining extensive files, contact lists and databases, scheduling and preparing briefs and materials for meetings, drafting donor communications, and performing other general administrative duties.
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations, social science, or a related field is strongly desired.
- Applicants currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields will be considered.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience is desirable.
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are required.
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team are required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are required.
- Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
- Database experience and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit HRW.