Deadline: 25 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Cluster Coordinator in Central Africa Republic.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Support service delivery
- Provide a platform to ensure that service delivery is driven by the agreed strategic priorities.
- Develop mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery.
- Informing strategic decision-making of the HC/HCT for the humanitarian response
- Conduct needs assessment and gap analysis (across other sectors and within the education sector).
- Carry out analysis to identify and address (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication, and cross- cutting issues.
- Ensure prioritization, grounded in response analysis.
- Planning and strategy development
- Contribute to the review of the 2020-2029 education sectoral plan, monitor the implementation objectives and indicators directly support realization of the HC/HCT strategic priorities.
- Strongly ensure application and adherence to existing standards and guidelines.
- Clarify funding requirements, prioritization, and Cluster contributions to HC’s overall humanitarian funding considerations (HRP, CHF, CERF).
- Identify advocacy concerns to contribute to HC and HCT messaging and action.
- Undertake advocacy activities on behalf of Cluster participants and the affected population.
- Coordinate advocacy for resource mobilization to support the implementation of Cluster’s EiE strategy and the operationalization of the action plans.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree, preferably at an advanced level, in a subject area relevant to the Cluster work Education, social sciences, development, psychology, political science, international relations.
- Formal training in Cluster coordination a strong advantage.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible humanitarian work experience with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the Cluster.
- Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience.
- Fluency in French and English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.