Deadline: 10 June 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistician in Bangui, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Logistician will provide logistical support for the teams and programs of support at the Office of National and bases.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistician will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the receipt, dispatch and management of logistics data (route sheets for vehicles, applications and use of parts of landfill application and followed the intervention costs / vehicle repair, generator), storage of spare parts.
- Reception, registration, shipping, storage, analysis, preparation and distribution of data in hard and electronic for the national office, sub-offices and partner levels and the field.
- Participate in the provision of logistics to ship materials.
- Maintain the data in order to monitor vehicle movements, movements of the stock of spare parts, fuel and supplies the trigger.
- Ensure compliance of removal procedures before delivering materials.
- Ensure the condition of the equipment upon receipt, shipment and possibly return them if non-compliant.
- Update physical inventory regularly and whenever necessary.
- To prepare and submit to the hierarchy a monthly report and summary of stock Delivery emerges quantities delivered per site / project.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of material movements using appropriate tools including tracking table orders, the stock cards, bills of lading, reception reports etc.
- Contribute to the security of property from DRC and the proper use of DRC’s resources.
- Maintain equipment and data available to it in perfect working order.
Applicants must have-
- Degree or license degree in management, business administration or related field.
- Professional experience in logistics, in an international organization will be an advantage.
- Ability to manage data, evaluate, analyze, modify, and create logistics management systems.
- Computer literacy especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate easily in written and orally.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.