Deadline: 8 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Analyst in Bangui, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Procurement Analyst will provide support to projects in the supervision of the Procurement team and is responsible for effective delivery of Procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Ensure elaboration and implementation of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, implementation of the effective internal control.
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
- Implementation of the strategic procurement within the programme, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality.
- Timely and duly prepared procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract and Procurement Committee and Advisory Committee on Procurement.
- Management of procurement contracts.
- Management of e-procurement module.
- Organization of trainings for the programme/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- First-level University or Bachelor degree in a related field of study with an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree requirement.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Experience in stabilization, transition, post conflict environments is an asset.
- Experience with management of operations in remote locations is asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions).
- Fluency in written and oral French (language of the duty station) required.
- Knowledge of second UNOPS working language, particularly English, desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.