Deadline: 10 June 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Bangui, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Make all purchases Project / Mission, manage inventory and track all the administration that follows.
- Develop and maintain relationships with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods of all kinds, while ensuring greater profitability and price competitiveness.
- Directly contribute to the effective and efficient organization of the purchasing department and give support in procurement teams of programs and supports at the Office of National and bases.
- Being the focal point for the management of databases related to requisitions, reports to donors and state structures in procurement and charges related to purchases DRC in CAR.
- Provide support for the implementation of purchasing operation improvement tools.
- Monitor the execution of orders and prepare receiving and dispatching to the foundation or the national office.
- Conduct research products with an emphasis on quality / price ratio, negotiating the best price, clarify requests when necessary and complete purchase orders.
- Prepare and analyze the documentation for tenders.
- Establishes and maintains good contacts with colleagues, goods and services suppliers, international institutions and NGOs for all purchasing areas.
- Works closely with project managers and finance officers and procurement to ensure the collection and ongoing dissemination of information useful to the progress of projects.
Applicants must have-
- Diploma license or MA in Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional experience (3 years) in purchasing, in an international, knowledge DRC procedures will be an advantage.
- Ability to manage data, evaluate, analyze, modify, and create procurement management systems.
- Computer literacy especially Word and Excel.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.