Deadline: 30 September 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Coordinator in Bangui, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Protection Coordinator will contribute to the development of country strategies, which result in action plans and day-to-day tasks in the field of Protection.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on protection issues.
- Ensure and actively facilitate regular protection meetings / training with relevant staff.
- Prepare protective analyzes and evidence-based advocacy documents for relevant external stakeholders.
- General Programming and Operations:
- Develop the Country Protection Strategy and ensure quality monitoring of its implementation.
- Ensure the strategic integration of protection activities with other sectors of DRC (Food Security and Economic Recovery, EHA, Emergency etc.).
- Conduct protection assessments to assess new programming needs and opportunities.
- Project Development:
- Ensure the quality of the program by providing technical protection advice to protection officers and teams.
- Assist in developing project plans and funding budgets.
- Participate in the development of project monitoring and evaluation tools, budget tracking and project planning.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (Law, Political Science, International Development or Economics, etc.).
- Substantial work experience in the areas of emergency, camp management and the development sector, particularly with IDP / refugee communities, can replace educational qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in the field of protection with an INGO and / or UN agency.
- Experience in project management, including financial management and HR.
- Experience working with national partners, local / government authorities and UN organizations.
- Documented skills in project planning and project proposal development.
- Excellent computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in French.
- Professional Master of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must download a cover letter and an updated CV (maximum two pages) in English or French through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.