Deadline: 8 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in N’Djamena, Chad.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Collaboration with the ECW program manager, support the different Divisions of the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Social Action and the Ministry of Vocational Training, in charge of the implementation of key components of the MYRP, in the drafting of their implementation plans and the sound implementation of activities under their responsibility.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Collaboration with the M&E, oversee the regular update of the MYRP database covering the list of the intervention sites, beneficiary schools and other stakeholders and for the tracking of key results such as teachers’ training, PTAs/MTAs, distribution of school Supplies, school feeding activities, and direct cash transfers.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Collaboration with the programme manager, supervise the implementation of the output of the MYRP under the responsibility of WFP related to the setting up of school canteens for 20.000 children, direct cash transfers for 26.000 girls and boys and Income Generating Activities for 600 vulnerable households.
- Networking and partnership building
- Contribute to the organization and facilitation of the bi-yearly Steering Committee meeting of the MYRP as well as technical meetings with the Ministry of Education and partners to assess the progress in implementation, share information among partners and stakeholders, identify issues/ bottlenecks and propose mitigation measures.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Organize and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders to promote sustainable results on education and related programmes/projects.
- Contribute to the drafting of innovative projects proposals for the children in emergencies, specifically girls.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in education, statistics, social sciences, economics, psychology or other related field is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in the field of education, in programme planning, management, and/or research in education in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in program/project monitoring and evaluation in an international organization is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with close attention to detail
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations would be an asset.
- Fluency in both French and English.
- Knowledge of the local Arabic would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.