Deadline: 26 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Bol, Chad.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Conduct and update the situation analysis for the development, design and management of health/HIV related programmes.
- Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, health) for higher management use to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery of results.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations, and/or to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and decisions.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Conduct regular programme field visits and surveys, and share information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (English, Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Chad.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.