Deadline: 6 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Officer in N’djamena, Chad.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technology for Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Security Risk Management and Planning
- Provide supervisor with input related to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets, and resources in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems.
- Participate as a member of the security coordination cell established by United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS).
- Safety and Security Services
- Monitor the security situation and provide information, through the supervisor, on emerging security threats to UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises assets and resources. Assist in security activities that support UNICEF operations and participate, as requested, in security risk management for all locations where UNICEF personnel and eligible family members are present.
- Security Networking and Partnership Building
- Coordination with UNDSS, actively participate and maintain official liaison with host government agencies, local authorities responsible for security, law and order, and counterparts in the UN.
- Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Security Risk Management, International Relations, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security, Counter Terrorism or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in global security risk management and/or security analysis is required.
- Demonstrate international security management experience and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System is highly desirable.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.