Deadline: 25 June 2020
World Vision International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advocacy & External Engagement Officer in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The mission of World Vision International is to follow and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advocacy & External Engagement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to development and implementation of Advocacy Engagement Plans and its respective work plans with due follow up and development of Action Points on specific work streams.
- Develop and organize internal communication and external activities to meet specific communications objectives.
- Proactively organizes external events (for 20 to 200 people) that contribute to making the case for children’s wellbeing and rights as they relate to the team’s main objectives. This is carried out with relevant stakeholders and partners as appropriate.
- Support implementation of internal coordination with regional offices and national offices as appropriate for their engagement in the Advocacy Engagement Plans and other internal work plans thus supporting local to global engagement.
- Support overall work with partner organizations and leads engagement and partnership in some of the networks and alliances and/or coordinating platforms.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor Degree.
- Technical experience in children rights, human rights, political science, international development, communication or any other specific field relevant to World Vision’s work.
- Experience in international work environments and cross-cultural communication, including understanding of the UN system and NGOs.
- Civil Society networking skills.
- Confident public speaker.
- Experience of influencing others.
- Fluency in English.
- Other languages may be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit World Vision International.