Deadline: 3 April 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Tijuana, Mexico.
The Child Protection Officer will be responsible to provide professional technical assistance and support the section by carrying out the specific activities and responsibilities listed below, to help develop, implement and monitor the “Children on the Move” multi-country initiative’s Action Plan in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform following functions-
- Carry out advocacy activities to guarantee the rights of the children.
- Promote the coordination amongst the three levels of the government with different actors to find short and medium-term solutions to protect and support children and adolescents in extreme vulnerability in the state of Baja California (to activate the comprehensive protection system).
- Monitor and visit the sites -such as private and public shelters and other institutions- where children and adolescents are located to carry out the logistical organization to distribute the supplements required, and to provide follow-up of the psychosocial activities (transport, travel expenses, supporting staff, stationary, case management support, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance to implement the alternative care model.
- Promote UNICEF alternative care model for children and adolescents in the context of migration in Tijuana from a child-rights approach.
- Provide technical assistance to implement the alternative care model for children and adolescents.
- Carry out internal coordination activities and prepare monitoring reports.
- Follow-up the implementation of the all the above-mentioned activities as required by UNICEF Central Office.
- Participate in the organization of all the field visits as required by UNICEF Central Office.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in 1 of the following fields is required; Law, Social Sciences or other related areas; desirable a master’s in human rights.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the field of child protection, and adolescent rights, international protection procedures and migration contexts.
- Experience working in field location/areas.
- Experience in advocacy efforts on migration and special protection system for children.
- Background/familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Experience in cultivating relations with public and private (NGOs, shelters, UN Agencies, among others) institutions at federal and local level.
- Fluency in Spanish and proficiency in English required.
- Nationality of Mexico.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.