Deadline: 5 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Specialist in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The Child Protection Specialist will support the development and preparation of the Child Protection (or a sector of) programs/projects and for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of child protection programs/projects within the country program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Enhance effective sectoral or inter-sectoral planning, development and management by leading, guiding, coordinating and supporting the timely completion of the Situational Analysis and its periodic update through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis, and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input. Provide substantive advice, recommendations and input in the formulation of country programme documents and plans of actions relating to Child Protection programme.
- Take primary responsibility for the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for programme management, implementation and monitoring of assigned sectoral activity, in compliance with the defined programme strategies and approaches.
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through advocacy and policy dialogue through active engagement in communication, networking and participation at every opportunity inside and outside UNICEF, leveraging the strength of UNICEF mission, goals and programmes.
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned; promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
- Promote the quality of rights-based Child Protection [programmes through participation in the formulation of programme goals, strategies and approaches. Bring coherence, synergy and added value to sectoral or inter-sectoral management processes using a results-based management approach to planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s), preferably in the social sciences, law or other relevant field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international level, some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts are an added advantage.
- Background/familiarity with emergency operations and staff security.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) or the local language is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.