Deadline: 3 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Survival & Development Specialist in Kolda, Senegal.
The Child Survival & Development Specialist will support the development, coordination, management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program progress of the child survival and development program/projects (i.e.maternal, neonatal, adolescent health, child survival/development, nutrition, early childhood development, HIV/AIDs and WASH) of the field office within the country program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Survival & Development Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support to program development and planning for geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results (including innovation, knowledge management and capacity building) in geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation in geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Networking and partnership building to promote gain in effeciencies and influence scale up in geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Effective management of UNICEF presence, staff and assets in the Area of Responsibility
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree is required in one of the following fields: Public Health, Nutrition, Medicine, Health Research, International Health, Health Policy and Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Family Health, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health.
- Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Nursing or a field relevant to international development assistance in Health.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience at the subnational and national levels in planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to health, nutrition or WASH.
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & development.
- Field work experience required.
- Background / familiarity with emergency and gender mainstreaming is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.