Deadline: 3 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Survival & Development Specialist in Kolda, Senegal.
The Child Survival & Development Specialist will support the development, coordination, management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program progress of the child survival and development program/projects (i.e.maternal, neonatal, adolescent health, child survival/development, nutrition, early childhood development, HIV/AIDs and WASH) of the field office within the country program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Survival & Development Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support to program development and planning for geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results (including innovation, knowledge management and capacity building) in geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation in geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Networking and partnership building to promote gain in effeciencies and influence scale up in geographical areas covered by Kolda field office.
- Effective management of UNICEF presence, staff and assets in the Area of Responsibility
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree is required in one of the following fields: Public Health, Nutrition, Medicine, Health Research, International Health, Health Policy and Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Family Health, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health.
- Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Nursing or a field relevant to international development assistance in Health.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience at the subnational and national levels in planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to health, nutrition or WASH.
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & development.
- Field work experience required.
- Background / familiarity with emergency and gender mainstreaming is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.