Deadline: 27 March 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Early Childhood Development Officer in Dominican Republic.
The Early Childhood Development Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the ECD programs/projects.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Early Childhood Development Officer will perform following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support to ECD program development and planning
- Research and analyze regional and national political, social and economic development trends having an impact on ECD.
- Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate program development, design and preparation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for program preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/share information on implementation issues, suggest solutions on routine program implementation and submit report to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual program reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys and/or collect/share information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational advice to other country office sections in support of intersectoral approach related to early childhood development.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on ECD programs/projects.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support resource mobilization for ECD programs/projects.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in education, public administration/health, nutrition, economics, psychology, sociology, human development, child development, family studies or other social science field is required.
- Degrees and/or specialized professional courses in early childhood education, child development and pediatrics are an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in early childhood development related areas.
- Experience working with international organizations or UN agencies in an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Nationality of Dominican Republic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.