Deadline: 15 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 Year.
The Education Specialist will provide technical oversight and strategic direction to Country and Area offices to further the development of the Education Core Competency (CC).
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions:
- Develop Education CC strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the implementation team.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of Education staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Candidates with an advanced degree preferred; significant experience in the field of Education, PSS or Child Protection considered in lieu.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Minimum 2 years of Education expertise (as Specialist/TA or Project Manager).
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes.
- Experience in team capacity building.
- Experience with youth/adolescent programming, particularly vocational training is desired.
- Experience with alternative education in a humanitarian context an asset.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.