Deadline: 29 August 2019 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer, Child Health in Mogadishu, Somalia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Officer, Child Health will perform the following functions:
- Support to program development and planning:
- Contribute or update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of Child survival and Immunization related programs.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of result:
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues (WHO, IOM UNFPA), implementing partners and donor focal technical persons to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation:
- Conduct regular program field visits, spot checks and LQA surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on health and related issues to support program implementation, operations and delivery of results.
- Networking and partnership building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, bio statistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level and/or in a developing country is required.
- Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and local language is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNICEF.