Deadline: 11 June 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer for sexual, reproductive, maternal newborn child and adolescent health in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer for sexual, reproductive, maternal newborn child and adolescent health will perform the following functions-
- Support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in developing, implementing and evaluating national strategies in the area of sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (SRMNCAH) at national and local levels.
- Support the MOH in updating and adapting relevant guidelines, materials and tools by providing the necessary technical advice and guidance.
- Support MOH in performing training needs assessments and organizing and implementing training activities.
- Coordinate together with MOH counterparts joint actions such as working groups, roundtables, meetings to facilitate SRMNCAH programme implementation at national and subnational levels.
- Document experience for later review.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in medicine or related area, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Post graduate training in public health, paediatrics, obstetrics and family medicine or similar.
- 5 years professional experience in public health, disease prevention and or health promotion at national or international levels, with at least 2 years’ experience working with sexual, reproductive, mother, newborn or child health programmes.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.