Deadline: 11 June 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer for sexual, reproductive, maternal newborn child and adolescent health in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer for sexual, reproductive, maternal newborn child and adolescent health will perform the following functions-
- Support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in developing, implementing and evaluating national strategies in the area of sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (SRMNCAH) at national and local levels.
- Support the MOH in updating and adapting relevant guidelines, materials and tools by providing the necessary technical advice and guidance.
- Support MOH in performing training needs assessments and organizing and implementing training activities.
- Coordinate together with MOH counterparts joint actions such as working groups, roundtables, meetings to facilitate SRMNCAH programme implementation at national and subnational levels.
- Document experience for later review.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University degree in medicine or related area, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Post graduate training in public health, paediatrics, obstetrics and family medicine or similar.
- 5 years professional experience in public health, disease prevention and or health promotion at national or international levels, with at least 2 years’ experience working with sexual, reproductive, mother, newborn or child health programmes.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.