Deadline :31 December 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Rabat, Morocco.
The Programme Associate will be responsible to work in close collaboration with a range of staff in the CO, external partners and agency counterparts in support of programme design and delivery.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Help conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items for his/her section including but not limited to registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Prepare monitor and report information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Regularly monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Help prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Support capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP is a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.