Deadline: 22 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Tripoli, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- In compliance with best-practice, international standards in CP response and national SoP, provide case management services to boys and girls at high risk.
- Ensure the child is involved and participates in the establishment of the case plan.
- Ensure the social, physical, psychological and emotional well-being of the children.
- Flag all high risk cases in which judicial intervention is required to the Case Management Officer and/or Protection Manager ensure they are referred immediately to UPEL or Himaya when relevant.
- Ensure the utmost confidentiality of case management data and information throughout the case management process; including protection referrals.
- Ensure close coordination with focused and community based PSS teams in order to ensure children and their caregivers are referred from case management to focused and CB PSS and vice-versa.
- Raise gaps in CP response services and referral protocols to the Case Management Officer and/or Protection Manager.
- Adhere to the principles and guidance of the National CP Case Management SOPs.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in social work and/or psychology.
- 1 to 2 year’s of experience as a child protection caseworker, completed training on National CP Case Management SOPs with a preference of experience with GBV.
- Previous experience in international organizations, humanitarian settings and working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times.
- Excellent case management, psychosocial support and communication skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.