Deadline: 22 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Tripoli, Lebanon.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- In compliance with best-practice, international standards in CP response and national SoP, provide case management services to boys and girls at high risk.
- Ensure the child is involved and participates in the establishment of the case plan.
- Ensure the social, physical, psychological and emotional well-being of the children.
- Flag all high risk cases in which judicial intervention is required to the Case Management Officer and/or Protection Manager ensure they are referred immediately to UPEL or Himaya when relevant.
- Ensure the utmost confidentiality of case management data and information throughout the case management process; including protection referrals.
- Ensure close coordination with focused and community based PSS teams in order to ensure children and their caregivers are referred from case management to focused and CB PSS and vice-versa.
- Raise gaps in CP response services and referral protocols to the Case Management Officer and/or Protection Manager.
- Adhere to the principles and guidance of the National CP Case Management SOPs.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in social work and/or psychology.
- 1 to 2 year’s of experience as a child protection caseworker, completed training on National CP Case Management SOPs with a preference of experience with GBV.
- Previous experience in international organizations, humanitarian settings and working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times.
- Excellent case management, psychosocial support and communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.