Deadline: 9 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Santiago, Chile.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Communications & Workflow:
- Facilitate the communications and workflow of the organizational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Communicate routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Procurement / Supply:
- Receive and review procurement requisitions for clarity, adequacy of specifications, and completeness, confirms the availability of funds, and obtains additional information considered necessary.
- Prepare purchase orders and contracts in SAP (ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning system), and submit for relevant approvals, ensuring completeness of documentation in UNICEF systems.
- Support capacity development activities and conferences by making logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Liaise with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Provide travel assistance to staff members in the section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies.
- Liaise with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the field of work of procurement, supply, logistics and/or travel.
- Minimum 4 year’s relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required and job experience in the UN system is also considered as an asset.
- Knowledge in SAP is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Intermediate level of English is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.