Deadline: 15 October 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Policy Officer (Food Security And Nutrition) in Santiago, Chile. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Policy Officer (Food Security And Nutrition) will perform the following functions-
- Manage or lead highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams, and provides technical leadership in high-level policy analysis missions or projects, policy networks and/or international policy setting bodies.
- Lead the work carried out by technical or policy officers from HQ or out-posted staff in the Decentralized Offices in relation to policy and governance work under FAO’s strategic framework.
- Advocate strategic partnerships, best practices, and policy dialogue in support of enhanced policies and governance for food and nutrition security, sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Interact with UN Regional and Country teams to improve cross-sectoral policies and strategies concerning agriculture, food, and nutrition security and sustainable development.
- Analyze regional and country-level issues to provide input into the identification of country and regional priorities and requirements.
- Design, implement and monitor regional and sub-regional policy work programmes and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Plan, organize and participate in capacity development activities involving the provision of technical advice and assistance, and oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in development economics, political sciences, agricultural economics, nutrition or related field.
- 10 year’s of experience in policy advice and analysis relating to food security and nutrition and food systems transformation and monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes and/or agriculture and rural development.
- Experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential.
- Knowledge of complex policy processes and demonstrated capacity to promote intersectoral approaches to achieve food system transformation and governance.
- Experience in policy analysis and advice relating to food and nutrition security, food systems transformation, sustainable agriculture, and rural development.
- Experience in different types of policy positions, including applied policy experience within governments and/or international organizations is an asset.
- Experience in leading and preparing flagship publications, quality of analytical writing and oral communication skills, including publication record.
- Knowledge (Level C) of English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.