Deadline: 1 June 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Beijing, China.
The Communications Officer will contribute to planning, developing and implementing effective communications and outreach strategies to support the WBG’s corporate, internal, and operational activities in the three countries.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for significant portions of planning, design, and implementation of strategies to promote effective communications with external and internal audiences (e.g., on projects/programs, WBG products, and issues campaigns).
- Provides communication support to WBG operational teams and government implementing agencies.
- Maintains and helps initiate effective professional relationships with key external and/or internal constituencies (e.g., the media, civil society, academia, businesses, government agencies, etc.).
- Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries about the WBG to enhance two-way communications and dialogue.
- Plans, implements and integrates relevant social media outreach and audience engagement using blogs and other social media platforms.
- Advises or leads others in their use to ensure effectiveness; identifies and supports content contributors.
- Publishes content to appropriate content management systems in compliance with WBG standards and policies.
- Oversees and provides direction to online staff who publish content to appropriate content management systems in compliance with WBG standards (editorial, technical, security).
- Ensures that all online content is optimized for search engines and complies with WBG standards (editorial and technical).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years (with Master’s) or 7 years (with Bachelor’s) of relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in writing and/or editing for the web.
- Experience producing for the web (basic knowledge of HTML and Photoshop preferred).
- Experience in web analytics, search engine optimization, and online marketing.
- Chinese and English are essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.