Deadline: 29 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Beijing, China. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Officer will be responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide support for the project management.
- Provide support to the preparation of project work plans and ensure implementation of the planned envisaged activities.
- Prepare reports and project briefs in close consultation.
- Provide support in business promotion implementation.
- Develop, modify and adapt an appropriate implementation strategy and coordination.
- Produce concise regular updates and write report briefs for the Team Leader/Senior Project Management Officer (implementation progress, situational updates, operational requirements).
- Provide support in collecting information, conducting research and analysis on local industries and business development.
- Provide assistance in programmatic tasks including financial and performance reporting.
- Monitor and review the project agreement, budget, cash flow to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Maintain the Electronic Blue File, update information collection mechanism and tools.
- Liaise with local government representatives, and when necessary provide advice to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the senior officers with outreach activities, event organization.
- Support project related activities, summits and conferences when necessary.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university Degree (master’s or equivalent) in Enterprise Management, Business Administration, International Relations, International Development or other relevant discipline is required.
- First-level university Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development or other areas may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Prince2® Practitioner and/or PMP certification would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project development, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and/or coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Experience in Industrial Development context and/or market, with access to political and industry an executive is an asset.
- Working experience under UN system, government and other NGOs is a plus.
- Good industry backgrounds related to Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, senior living or other related industries will be a plus.
- Good understanding of MS Office, ERP.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.