Deadline: 11 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Community Engagement Assistant in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 5 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Engagement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support the development and implementation of conflict sensitive projects, including undertaking conflict analysis, community liaison and engagement.
- Undertake data collection using quantitative, qualitative and participatory tools, including mobile platforms and apps and support and undertake community awareness raising and information dissemination related to COVID-1.
- Support MEAL team in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools, including following up on beneficiaries’ attendance and collecting their feedback on the activities provided and support the protection and livelihood team in conducting periodic in-depth surveys to check the impact of our activities on tensions and social stability.
- Take forward any escalated or outstanding complaints from communities including following up on any Community Engagement aspects and build and maintain good relationships with communities and support in improving and solving day to day issues and problems on based activities.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers.
- Work closely with DRC-DDG local partners and authorities and provide the needed field level support.
- With the support of the CE TL, prepare and conduct trainings and workshops with communities.
- Undertake risk education aiming to reduce the threat posed by mines, explosive remnants of war (ERW) and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) to the population living in Lebanon as well as refugees returning or potentially returning to Syria.
- Understand and ensure compliance with the DDG SOP on Risk Education and other relevant SOPs and guidelines.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in undertaking community engagement initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adequate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of humanitarian sector and social stability programming.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Previous experience with conflict analysis and community outreach is considered an advantage.
- Proven communication skills and report writing skills are advantageous, in Arabic and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.