Deadline: 12 May 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Community Mobilization Officer in Attika, Greece.
The Community Mobilization Officer is responsible for supporting DRC SMS team to establish effective relationships with the hosted population, and facilitate increasing participation of the hosted population across all sectors within the site.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Mobilization Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Develop strong relationships with members of the hosted population and also maintain contacts with the relevant Greek authorities and humanitarian actors at site level, in order to support the participation and inclusion of the hosted population.
- Mediate between different groups living within the site, to support peaceful relations and reduce security tensions.
- Continually sensitize all stakeholders as to the importance of respectful dialogue with the refugee community.
- Promote a participatory approach (engagement of affected population) to site management and service provision across the site, making specific effort to promote the empowerment and full engagement of women and girls in the site.
- Collect information on the needs and concerns of the hosted population, sharing with other stakeholders for follow-up.
- Support effective communication and information-sharing to the hosted population, including providing information on services, activities and events in the site.
- Develop and participate in awareness-raising sessions.
- Support other DRC field teams (e.g. Site Ops, Shelter etc.) to ensure a participatory approach is fully integrated within all DRC programmes in the site.
- Ensure that all activities/projects are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on progress on activities on site.
- Attend and participate within DRC field team meetings.
- Support with the coordination of DRC NFI distributions in the site.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the Site Management Support Team Leader to ensure the success of DRC operations in the site.
- Provide inputs for all relevant internal and external reporting.
- Ensure that all project-related documentation is of high quality and archived according to donor and DRC requirements.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in international relations, management, human rights, social science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience with relevant projects
- Good understanding of the refugee context in Greece, including legal framework, access to social rights and benefits, stakeholders and gaps.
- Experience in representation and networking.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders.
- Experience with refugee programming is essential.
- Strong computer skills.
- High professional ethics.
- Knowledge of PoC language (e.g. Farsi or Arabic) will be considered a valuable asset.
- Nationality of Greece.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.