Deadline: 15 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Liaison and Safety Coordinator in Tripoli, Libya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Liaison and Safety Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure there is strong communication between local authorities, community leaders, security stakeholders and DRC and act as the local focal point for safety coordination and information sharing between the relevant national actors within the area of operations. Also includes representation of DRC at inter-agency safety forums.
- Ensure DRC operates within the local authorities’ guidelines and protocols.
- Collect, verify, analyse and report information that affects, or may affect, DRC operations.
- Track safety related incidents and developments and provide trend/pattern analysis to facilitate programme access.
- Undertake and support others to undertake Risk Assessments (RAs) and facilitate the implementation of mitigation measures.
- Lead in conjunction with the Country Safety Coordinator and Area Manager the implementation of the Critical Incident Management Plan by office/location.
- Manage safety related information and provide all staff with regular safety updates and advisories.
- Maintain relevant safety documentation, data and records (training register, incident tracking, maps, etc.)
- Focal point for the procurement of safety-related equipment, facilities and other resources within Tripoli and conduct regular safety checks including comms systems, safety inventory checks, hibernation kits, etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in a relevant subject, such as community development, international law, administration, etc.
- Previous experience working with and negotiating with communities, local leaders, authorities, and security actors.
- Commitment to integrate gender, protection, conflict sensitivity and accountability.
- 3-5 year’s experience in the fields of working for international humanitarian organizations in complex conflict settings in Libya, including in a managerial or coordination capacity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.