Deadline: 18 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant (Community Engagement) in Tripoli, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant (Community Engagement) will perform the following functions:
- Lead the implementation of neighborhood group members’ capacity building plan to identify protection challenges and draft Solidarity Initiatives.
- Lead the outreach process to engage relevant beneficiaries in the Solidarity Initiatives and mobile activities.
- Ensure an efficient engagement of Persons with Disabilities in the Solidarity Initiatives activities and mobile activities.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of Solidarity Initiatives and mobile activities in various locations while ensuring proper consistency with initial plan and beneficiaries target.
- Provide constant feedback to his/her supervisor on progress, lessons learnt, achievements, gaps, issues and problems.
- Responsible of developing and filing all documents related to the Solidarity Initiatives and mobile activities (attendance sheets, minutes of meetings, Solidarity Initiative proposal and final report, beneficiaries’ files, reports, pictures etc.).
- Set the daily/weekly/monthly work plan, in coordination with the Protection Officer (Community Engagement).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least 1 year of proven experience in undertaking community protection and community engagement initiatives.
- Adequate knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with Persons with Disabilities is recommended.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.