Deadline: 31 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer – Individual Protection Assistance in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Protection Officer – IPA will be responsible to supervise and guide overall activities related to individual protection assistance to persons with specific needs in the Bekaa, including cash for protection where relevant.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Monitor the effective outreach of persons with protection needs, prioritizing the most vulnerable and difficult to identify.
- Observe and provide feedback on sensitization sessions on key protection issues based on needs; feed into content development.
- Ensure the safe and ethical identification and referral of persons with specific needs, provide training and technical support.
- Manage and follow-up on the update of the service mapping and referral pathway at community level.
- Monitor the provision of cash for protection, assessing protection objectives and follow-up on the impact of assistance.
- Regularly track and follow-up on the protection teams’ referrals using the Referral Information Management System (RIMS).
- Feed into reporting processes, budgeting and needs and gaps assessments, proposal writing and strategic planning.
- Coordinate with the MEAL team for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan to assess the impact of activities and projects.
- Lead the mainstreaming of protection principles to DRC’s program, including partners and local community.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Counseling, Psychology, development or other related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in case management or individual protection assistance to PWSN.
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting outreach, providing cash for protection and safe identification and referral.
- Excellent understanding of key protection issues in Lebanon.
- Knowledge of and commitment to principles of confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, safety and inclusion.
- Excellent communication, project staff and time management skills and interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision of Protection assistants.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.