Deadline: 28 January 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer (Urban Development) in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Project Officer (Urban Development) will support IRM in sector programming, project processing, project planning, and administration, and will work closely with the Urban Development and Water Division, SERD (SEUW).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead in analyzing urban development trends in Indonesia, and provide policy support to the Government of Indonesia on national and regional urban development strategies.
- Identify, develop, design, process and implement projects in water supply, sanitation, wastewater management; climate change and urban resilience, and other urban services for project financing by ADB.
- Lead in ensuring that thematic issues in project design, including but not limited to urban resilience, climate change, environment, gender, and social development, governance and finance are incorporated in projects.
- As a team member, provide inputs to project teams in designing projects that consider long term institutional effectiveness, as well as intergovernmental fiscal transfers, municipal and/or utility finance, and financial and economic analysis of projects.
- As a team member, administer projects, engage contractors through different procurement methods, administer construction and operation and maintenance contracts.
- Participate and support knowledge and thematic work that have practical relevance in delivery of urban development and water projects.
- Support in the identification and development of advance technologies for application to the urban sector in the region.
- Support the urban development and water program planning and implementation in Indonesia.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree preferably in, or equivalent to, in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in identifying, developing, designing, processing, and implementing urban water supply, sanitation, wastewater management; climate change and urban resilience, and other urban services projects.
- Sound knowledge of Indonesian government’s policy, regulations, rules, administrative systems and procedures in water supply, sanitation and urban development sector.
- Sound knowledge of competitive bidding procedures and exposure to the domestic construction and consulting industries in Indonesia, particularly in the water supply, sanitation and urban development sector.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to identify issues and appropriate actions at the field office level.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.