Deadline: 20 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Coordinator in Ukhiya, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Expand, develop, coordinate and manage NRC’s shelter projects in regions.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums, cluster, working groups.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within shelter programme.
- Ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation in regions.
- Assess the areas of operation regarding construction in cooperation with national and local authorities and in close collaboration with the Shelter programme manager.
- Develop/ensure procedures for the implementation of the construction programme in accordance with NRC principles and ways of working.
Applicants must have:
- Experience in a relevant position preferable within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience with field level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, Donors and authorities.
- 3 year’s experience in a senior level construction project implementation position in Bangladesh.
- Minimum University Degree in Civil/Construction or architecture Engineering.
- Prior experience in construction and community based projects.
- Experience with Urban shelter standards/ international standards code for building and rural building projects using basic material.
- Fluency in Bangla and English (Chittagonian/Rohingyan preferred).
- Auto CAD (2D,3D) knowledge.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.