Deadline: 20 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Coordinator in Ukhiya, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Expand, develop, coordinate and manage NRC’s shelter projects in regions.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums, cluster, working groups.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within shelter programme.
- Ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation in regions.
- Assess the areas of operation regarding construction in cooperation with national and local authorities and in close collaboration with the Shelter programme manager.
- Develop/ensure procedures for the implementation of the construction programme in accordance with NRC principles and ways of working.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Experience in a relevant position preferable within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience with field level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, Donors and authorities.
- 3 year’s experience in a senior level construction project implementation position in Bangladesh.
- Minimum University Degree in Civil/Construction or architecture Engineering.
- Prior experience in construction and community based projects.
- Experience with Urban shelter standards/ international standards code for building and rural building projects using basic material.
- Fluency in Bangla and English (Chittagonian/Rohingyan preferred).
- Auto CAD (2D,3D) knowledge.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.